Day Three Study
Today we will read about some of the ups and downs in Peter’s faith.
Read Matthew 14:22-33.
12. Summarize what happen in these passages.
13. What do these scriptures teach you about faith? Comment on the contrast between Peter and the other disciples.
14. Sharing question: Read Mt.17:20 in light of these scriptures. How are you encouraged today to believe and step onto the water as Peter did in a specific area of your life?
Read Mark 8:27-33.
15. What do you learn about Peter’s faith from this passage?
16. Consider Jesus’ responses to Peter here and in the previous story. How do they relate to our memory verse Heb. 11:6?
17. Responding to God: Write out a prayer asking God to help you believe that he will move mountains in one situation in your life right now. However, be careful not to dictate to God what he must do in the circumstances rather than believe him for the answer. You may want to pray as the father did in Mark 9:24: “I believe; help my unbelief!”
Diamonds in the Word: Skim the chapters from yesterday’s reading in Mt. 4 to today’s passage in Mt. 14. Consider what Peter saw and heard during that time. What things would have helped develop his faith?
NOTE:***Please Feel free to discuss/blog your “Sharing Questions”. God Bless YOU!!